Weider Beta Alanine
Weider Beta Alanine is an amino acid which combines with the amino acid histidine after consumption. Histidine is always available in sufficient quantities in a high-protein diet. These two amino acids form carnosine, whose primary function is to buffer hydrogen ions.
Buffering hydrogen ions prevents a drop in the muscles’ pH value, which leads to hyperacidity. Hyperacidity leads to muscle burn and muscle fatigue, which then leads to muscle failure at the end of a set.
Taking 4 g beta-alanine every day for four weeks will increase your Carnosine level by approx. 64%. After ten weeks, your carnosine level will increase to over 80%. The increase carnosine level affects all muscle fibre types – type 1, type 2a and 2b (slow-twitch and fast-twitch muscle fibres).
- The more carnosine there is in the muscle, the longer the muscles can be worked.
- Improves muscle stamina in strength training (men in good physical condition) without altering the hormone level.
- Delays muscle fatigue in sprinters.
- Improves strength, endurance and body composition in combination with
- Delays neuromuscular fatigue and increases the anaerobic threshold for women.
- Delays muscle fatigue in older people. Prevents hyperacidity in the muscles.
- High level of carnosine for more reps and heavier weights.
- Strengthens all muscle fibre types.
- Aids fat loss.
- Increases the amount of fat-free muscle mass.
- Suitable for all phases of training – primarily before workouts that involve short recovery periods, high volume and heavy weights.
- 4 capsules a day. Preferable 4 capsules before workout.
- Take 2 capsules just before breakfast and before dinner on your daysoff.